Host
NEPI website developed, maintained & supported by EmergencyMedicine.in
View Thread
NEPI » Emergency Medicine » Emergency Medicine
 Print Thread
Evidence based practice
stemlyns
Hi folks,
Just want to share some of my views about evidence based practice.

1) Which one is better Evidence based or consensus based practice?

2)If evidence based is thought to be the best then what are the best resources you think to check the evidence?

3)Is there any active research done by anyone is there any thing exciting to share with other members?

maroju
EBM I guess is the clear winner. I tend to use Cochrane database for systematic reviews and Pubmed/Medline/Embase for literature search (and of course our trusted 'google scholar' ).
I look at Consensus reports with caution as they are opinions by expert panels (not based on any evidence). However, in some situations, this may prompt further research.
Edited by maroju on 25-12-2007 04:22

stemlyns
Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone

Looks like a nice sources to search for litreature and wondering if there are any landmark papers(reviews)which made anyone of yoy change the way you practice.

I am always looking for evidence but wondering if there is place where all the evidence is collated to give clinical bottom line.I know searching for litreature and appraising can be painful which should be done by all EM trainees in this day and age but there should be few places where we should be able to find the evidence qollation.Just wondering what r they? It helps a lot for lazy people like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maroju
You could try 'bestbets.org'. It's a pretty useful site to start off, if you are looking for quick answers based on available evidence...
Edited by maroju on 26-12-2007 03:47

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Want to join a discussion?
Starting/Replying to a discussion thread in NEPI Forum
Copyright © 2006-2020 EmergencyMedicine.in All Rights Reserved